Can you say “that’s me!” to any of these statements?
- I have a student who is fully capable of verbally requesting but the words seem to get stuck on the tip of his tongue.
- I know I should wait for my student to “use her words” before just giving her what I know she wants. But I also don’t want the moment to spiral out of control with problem behaviors.
- I have a student who is using one word requests, but we’re working on “making it big.”
- I have a student who is becoming prompt dependent. I need a way to reduce verbal prompting.
If so, sentence starters can help!
These sentence starters can:
- increase communication
- reduce problem behaviors
- decrease prompt dependence