Errorless learning activities can be an awesome addition to your special education classroom.
When I first heard of errorless learning, my reaction was “huh?” How in the world is a student learning with something that is errorless!? Sounds like mindless busywork.
But they are learning! They really are!
*Be sure to read to the bottom to grab a free set of errorless math worksheets!*
So what is errorless learning?
Basically errorless work tasks are tasks that don’t have a wrong answer. As long as students complete the task, they are successful. Sounds good right?
What are the learning objectives?
There are many skills students practice depending on the specific task. But in general errorless learning can lead to some or all of the following skills –
- Introduce task routines – students learn how to follow their schedule and complete left to right task routines.
- Independent completion – errorless tasks can be done completely independently. This means even new students and those who haven’t mastered many skills can participate in independent work stations!
- Confidence – these might be the first tasks students can complete independently. Imagine the confidence boost and pride when a student shows their completed work that didn’t require staff help!
- Fine motor – students use their pincer grip grabbing answer pieces for Velcro tasks.
- 1:1 correspondence – one answer piece, one piece of Velcro to match it to.
What kinds of tasks can be errorless?
Well…just about all of them! I have errorless worksheets, file folders and adapted books. I can explain better with pictures so let’s look!
*Click on the pictures to find these in my store.*
Errorless File Folders
Errorless Adapted Books
Pin for later –